The Original Salt Lick Date

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Jason and I are trying to check some fun things off of our countdown to baby list! We thought it would be fun to go to the Original Salt Lick Barbeque restaurant since it's about 45 minutes from our house and is a fun adventure that sometimes involves waiting in line for 2 hours! We lucked out and only had to wait around 30 minutes so it was great!

The drive there is one of our favorite drives through some hill country and then you arrive at this whole campus of a restaurant-it has multiple barbeque pits and eating areas and a giant outdoor area and a kids area and a wine tasting area. 

The Salt Lick is famous because it is the only restaurant that is still allowed to have an open pit barbeque- apparently they are illegal now but The Salt Lick is grandfathered in.

 29 weeks pregnant! 


 I thought this plant was so cool-looks like cabbage!


 Handsome husband

 The Original Pit!


 Everyone chowing down!
 Brisket, beans and potato salad-Salt Lick style


 Beautiful pecan pies
Where the magic happens! 

We had such a nice day getting away a little bit and hanging out just the two of us. Jason even let me stop at a kid's consignment shop on the way home and look at cute baby clothes. It was a great day!

Here's to soaking up our alone time while preparing for this little babe!

3 comments:

  1. ssoo much meat. My mouth is watering and I'm not even hungry! Looks fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the cutest preggo! Where did you get your top? My belly is getting too big even my maternity tops are riding up! And that meat... mmm. I love bbq!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I miss yummy Texas BBQ..and you too! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS