This girl just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter!
At 9 months, Nora:
(or really 9.5 months when I wrote this)
- Weighs 15 pounds 10 ounces (10%) and is 26.5 inches tall (17%). She still has a tiny head and although we were worried about her small size for awhile-the doctor says she is "genetically small" (although I prefer the term "petite") but that her percentages are all fine and no matter how many calories I pump her full of she is just a small girl! So that lets me sleep better at night. :)
- Is eating like a champ, there is rarely a food she doesn't like. She loves baby food but is really starting to prefer table food. She likes tortillas, cheese, rice, beans, cheesy anything, chili, guacamole etc. We have been introducing lots of new foods and textures and she seems to like it all!
- She is moving lots! She can still roll wherever but is starting to prefer a combination of traditional crawling and the 360 scoot where she turns around and around with one leg. It's seriously super cute.
- She is still taking great naps but likes to play sometimes when she should be sleeping!
- She can now go from lying down to sitting and we find her up upright in her crib most days now. It's the cutest thing as she looks at us like "Look what I did!"
- She will sit and play with toys now like a big kid. I put them out in different places and she will roll/crawl/scoot to all of them and rotate between toys and not only is it really cute but great for us to be able to let her play independently!
- She has 2 bottom teeth and has bitten Mom a few times now. They are cute but you can't see them in pictures yet!
- She just started waving to strangers and it's the best!
- She can clap (or rather bang her hands together) when we do the clapping motions. Again. Adorable.
- She is the happiest kid. Honestly, she's happy 95% of the time and we love her. We miss her when she's sleeping she's so fun and entertaining. She smiles when we are together all the time and to strangers and it melts our hearts!
- She still sleeps great overall but has a few nights where she wakes up, most likely due to teething but it's always before midnight so she never wakes us up once asleep. She goes to sleep about 7 or 7:30 now and wakes up around 8 or 8:30 most days.
- She takes a morning and afternoon nap for sure, usually around 1-2 hours and then occasionally even a 2nd afternoon nap. She needs her sleep after being so active while awake!
- She still nurses about 5-6 times a day for just a few minutes each. She likes to stop mid nursing and sit up and look around and play and I keep having to get her back focused. But she's so cute when she does it that it's hard to get mad! We nurse easily now wherever we are and it's hard to remember when it stressed me out! (Remind me of this with my next baby in the beginning!)
- She likes walks but likes to sit up in the stroller and hold onto the front like it's a roller coaster. ha!
- She does pretty well being left with people but does some fuss some and definitely is aware when I'm not there so we have hit the "separation anxiety" phase! But it's been pretty tame overall.
- She still loves the swings at the park and "roly poly" time with Jason.
- Current nicknames by Jason include: Monkey, Nor, Nors, and by me: Angel, sweet girl, baby girl, schmoopy baby etc.
We love you sweet girl!