We bought a house!

Thursday, August 22, 2013

I'm not into the witty titles of blog posts these days. We bought a house and are so excited about it! No wittiness needed.

We closed on our house on July 31 and I can't believe it has already been so long! It seemed like forever to get to that point and then to wait 1 week to move in!

Luckily we are all moved in now and are so happy to be settled. We found a beautiful house in our favorite neighborhood and are just so happy. We really did feel like this house was meant for us and that's saying something since I was always skeptical as people told me that!

We have had a few small gatherings and our first visitors already but we can't wait to get partying and finishing our final little projects! Also, I can't wait for that new house feeling to rub off just a little so Jason will stop following me around constantly "picking up" after me when the house is spotless. It's bound to wear off eventually right and he will let me eat and drink like a normal person? 

Anyways, the house has a beautiful open floor plan that is great for entertaining. The sink and counters look out to the living room so I can play hostess and still be a part of the action. (Not to mention you can see the TV while doing dishes-always a plus) It also has tons of natural light that we love and I have lots of room for my food blog stuff and furniture to hold it all. We also have a nice big backyard and 2 big trees in our front yard. The brick outside makes the house feel cheery and is an added bonus. Anyways I could go on and on. We are very happy and feel so blessed to have found this home in such a seller's market. We had to fight hard to get it and we are so glad we did!

Here are a few sneak peeks-full post to follow soon:

 Notice our two trees and Jason talking to his parents in the yard. Lol. 

Our front door. Complete with wreath and welcome mat. 

Our open and bright living room!

I'll post more pictures soon when I have the time to go room by room!

p.s. We currently have 2 guest bedrooms so come on down to visit! 

Yay for new beginnings and our first home. We are so excited! 
And we sort of feel like grown ups. Sort of.

8 comments:

  1. I love it! Your furniture looks great in your living room. Can't wait to see the rest. I'm so glad it's all that you wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! It is perfect. 1 million more pictures, please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new house is beautiful! I love it! Congratulations!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sad we never got to see it in person. Looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, that's true. No wittiness needed alright since having a new home is a milestone in itself. I'm glad you've found a house in the neighborhood you wanted. And that new house feeling will soon be replaced with the idea of this house as your home, with all the memories you'll have living here.

    Churchill Mortgage Corporation

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on finally having your first home! The entire process of house buying, taking care of mortgages and other important details to attend to can really take a lot of time. It's great to hear that you finally did it! Some would ask for a realtor's help to find the right home for them, which is not a bad thing since it makes the process a lot faster and easier for the buyer. But after the wait, you are now a proud owner of a lovely home.
    Denise @ Vancouver Canada Homes

    ReplyDelete
  8. A momentous event such as this needs no witty title or whatever; it's already special, no need for more emphasis. Even if I don't get to see the entire house, I can already feel and see what made you purchase this house. I hope you make a lot of wonderful memories here as a family. Congrats! :)

    -Abdul Jackson @ South-Carolina.ChurchillMortgage

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS