Our First Christmas

Friday, January 1, 2010

Well I know we are a few posts behind but we will document Christmas and then on to the new apartment and job!

For our little Christmas that we had a few weeks ago Jason got me 2 thermal shade shirts, a Costco sized box of Ferrer Rochers (yum!), the new Greg Mortenson book Stones into Schools and some really cute shirts from XXI. It was perfect!



I got Jason new basketball shorts, Ocean's 13 on Blu ray, and I made him a special shutterfly book. The book is called "Letters of Courtship" and records emails we sent each other when we were dating. We asked each other 3 questions and responded. They range from "What is your favorite candy?" to "How do you want to raise a family?" It was a great way for us to get to know each other better and to grow closer. They are especially entertaining now since some questions were about marriage and what not. I would strongly recommend such an activity to any couple or friends even-I started this with my roommate Brooke on my study abroad and I loved doing it with her and then with Jason.



Also we opened our new camera from Jedd and Karen. It is great! It records HD videos and takes amazing pictures (these may not be the best since we were just learning how to use it! Also we got an external harddrive to store all of our pictures on! (Thanks fam!)




Then after moving to CA and driving back for Christmas with Kasee's family in Draper. Brother Jay and Uncle John joined us for the week as well!

For Christmas from my parents we got a GPS so we don't get lost in CA. Here is Jason opening the GPS while I wrapped Michael & Cami's Christmas presents!

 

On Christmas Eve we got dressed up and went to a really nice dinner at Carver's. Getting there was not without its drama (wardrobe mishaps, botched reservations, etc.) but dinner was great. Note the forced family photo:




Of course, lets not forget the non stop drama over the length and cleanliness level of Jay's hair. Mom couldn't stop complaining about it. I think this picture pretty much sums it up:



Santa brought us some fun stocking stuffers (socks :) and a "Pajama bottom Christmas" from Dad and Carol. We have pictures but I am still learning how to work this Mac we are using so I will add them if I can figure it out!

More to come soon! Love y'all! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS