Mother's Day Trip to Utah!

Sunday, June 28, 2015

For Mother's Day this year Nora and I decided to book a last minute trip to see Grandma! We had about a day to get ready before hopping on the next plane to Utah!

Sadly, our trip there was sort of a disaster! We arrived on time to find our flight delayed. Okay, we can handle that. But it was delayed about 6 times totaling 3 hours and I had a one tired/restless baby and we hadn't even left Austin yet!! We managed our quick flight to Dallas just fine with a couple extra seats (which was actually harder to keep a crawling baby still!) But then we had another 3 hours and I honestly don't know how we survived since I have since blocked it out. Then it was another 45 minutes home to Grandma's and Nora was beside herself. Thankfully, once she was home and able to eat and crawl she was back to her happy self. If only Mom could have recovered that quickly!!

 Asleep at the airport! 

 Hanging out on the plane in one of our extra seats. 

 Cutest pigtails!


I think she slept 20 minutes of the whole day of flying! eeeek! 

We had such a fun week! Nora did lots of crawling, playing, and making eyes at Grandpa! That Nora-she is such a flirt! It's so fun to be able to spend time with people that love Nora as much as I do and to revel in her cuteness (and occasional craziness!). Mom and I did dress shopping for my brother's wedding and we both found dresses-miracle of miracles!!! But mostly it was so fun time to spend time with my Mom for Mother's Day! She is the best and I'm so lucky to have her in my life, even if she is too far away! 

 Waking up at Grandma and Grandpa's was the best! 
She loved these big windows she could stand and stare at birds outside. 
 Grandpa showing Nora the yard

 Playing her favorite toy piano

 I went on a run and had to take in this beautiful view!

 One afternoon while Nora napped I got to read my Kindle and eat apples in the backyard. 

One afternoon we went to the Thanksgiving Point Farms. 
Nora rode the ponies and loved seeing the animals. 



 Our attempt at a family selfie!

 Riding in the horse drawn wagon with Nora in the carrier. 


 Helping Nora ride the pony!

Of course all trips need a trip to Costco!

 Reading books with Grandpa!



 Nora's Sunday Best!

3 Generations Church Selfie

Saying goodbye to Grandma & Grandpa! We love y'all! 

I also got to see my good friend Steph but we didn't manage to take any photos. We had some good girl chat though and it's always fun to catch up and pretend we still live in the same place!

Look forward to seeing everyone again in the coming weeks!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Grandma and Grandpa visits are so good - and that Nora is seriously the cutest little chica ever! So fun to be with your mama on Mother's Day. And yessss please block that traveling out of your mind forever!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS