Bub

Friday, August 6, 2010

When my brother was 15, my parents announced that they were having another baby (of course, not on purpose). He replied, "Wouldn't this have been better a few years ago?" haha. Leave it to my brother to cut right to the chase.

So, I came along and my brother helped change diapers and grew to love me, of course. However, we grew up in different households in different eras with completely different experiences. My parents divorced when I was 4, but my brother had already gone off to college.  I joined the LDS church but my brother didn't. I grew used to 4 parents and being spoiled by each of them my whole life. I may have gotten the better end of the deal ;)

Anyways....

When I was little, my brother used to drive around in the car with me and his girlfriend and people would ask if I was their daughter. Of course, these days, when we are together people ask us if we are dating. O the joys of a huge age gap.

But I wouldn't trade it for anything. My brother and I have always been close since he is the only person who can relate to the DNA of my parents and all that that entails. It is pretty amazing the bond we have always felt even though we have not lived in the same state since I can remember.

But only recently have we become the best of friends. While Jason and I lived in California I spent one night every week with my brother. We made dinners and watched movies and caught up on the past 15 years of life. Sometimes we would go shopping or out to dinner but mainly we just talked and soaked up the time we had together.

So needless to say, we have enjoyed the time together. I will miss the Netflix movies, Trader Joe's tacos and endless instructions on healthy eating.

With me as a baby!


My wedding



Our last day together in CA



I love you brother,
Sincerely 
Bub

1 comment:

  1. Kasee this is the sweetest post! You and your brother are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS